Mind Bullets! Pew, pew!
Do you want to be able to read minds? Maybe you want to teleport from place to place in the blink of an eye? Or perhaps you want the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away with mind bullets? All of this is possible and more when you choose a power set of the psychic persuasion!
Mainset: Telekinesis – On the most basic level, this is the power to move and manipulate objects with your mind. Also called psychokinesis, this power can be a gateway to other abilities as well. At higher levels users may be able to control anything at the subatomic level or the forces of the universe.
- Levitation and/or Flight.
- Dimensional Travel.
- Psionic Strength Augmentation.
- Healing and Regeneration.
- Force Field Generation.
- Stasis Field Generation (slowing molecules to the point of stopping, can immobilize targets).
- Elemental Manipulation (Pyrokinesis, Cryokinesis, Electrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, etc).
- Intangibility and Phasing.
- Biological, Energy, Light, Probability, Matter, Thermal, Weather, Vector (changing the path of an object) and/or Technology Manipulation.
- Psychic Blasts and Projectiles.
- Telekinetic Constructs.
- Teleportation (on both self and objects).
- Age Shifting (Manipulating cells to appear younger, may be possible to achieve biologic immortality).
- Energy Absorption.
- Remote Telekinesis (moving objects from a distance, possibly miles away).
- Reality Warping.
- Space and Time Manipulation.
Mainset: Telepathy – The power to read and manipulate thoughts. At higher levels this may be done to multiple or mass numbers of targets.
- Emotion Manipulation.
- Psychic Shield (erected around self or others to prevent outside psychic intrusion).
- Psychic Shadow (masking your presence from other psychics).
- Illusion and Dream Manipulation.
- Mind Control.
- Mental Projection (projecting thoughts into reality).
- Download (obtain and retain information from another’s mind).
- Psychic Communication.
- Memory Implantation or Deletion.
- Mind Link or Mind Meld.
- Telepathic Prediction (seeing opponents moves and attacks).
- Pain Inducement.
- Mindscape Teleportation (transport physical matter into thoughts).
- Mind Exchange or Possession.
- Binding (movement restriction).
- Psychic Constructs.
- Sleep Inducement.
- Mental Shutdown (leads to unconsciousness).
- Omnilingualism (intuitively understand new languages).
- Consciousness Transferal (transfer of the mind into another body if yours is destroyed or killed).
- Clairvoyance (can gain information through objects and places, not just people).
- Truth Inducement.
- Audible Inundation (create voices and sounds in the minds of others).
Adding limitations to a psychic power set can be tricky, considering how powerful they can get. You can set up boundaries in your story by creating a character who is immune, resistant or able to absorb psychic energy. You can also separate psychic powers and magic, using magic as a counter or use technology. On a personal level, someone with a stronger will or physical strength may be able to resist or break free of mental domination.